Filio’s Book Reads
- Idea Revolution; Guidelines And Prompts For Brainstorming, by Clare Warmke. I refer to this book from time to time because it is packed with ideas that creative professionals use to get their mojo flowing.
- The Creative Habit; Learn It and Use It For Life, by Twyla Tharp. I think this book is so valuable in helping smash the myth that inspiration is divine and creative’s are eccentrics.
- Homoaestheticus; Where Art Comes From and Why, by Ellen Dissanayake. One of my favourite all time books. It takes a look at the inherent ability we all have in reinterpreting our world.
- The Culture of Nature; North American Landscape from Disney to the Exxon Valdez, by Alexander Wilson. A book about altering natural spaces in the name of cultural production. Very readable.
- Art and Visual Perception; A Psychology of the Creative Eye, by Rudolf Arnheim. A classic that applies the approaches and findings of modern psychology to the study of art.